Are you looking for a reliable and affordable WordPress hosting?
As WordPress accounts for close to 33% of websites in the world, the number of cheap and high-end WordPress hosting has increased over the years.
In my career spanning 10 years, I had to migrate to ShoutMeLoud about seven times and each time, choosing a new WordPress host and migrating is a daunting task.
Well, all these efforts finally paid off with regards to creating this guide for you to help you choose cheap WordPress hosting that is not only affordable but also offers high quality hosting so that you can focus on who you are good at.
When you are choosing WordPress hosting for your new or existing WordPress site, you should definitely consider these few things:
- Latest PHP: PHP 7.0x is essential because it has a huge advantage over the predecessor and it makes your WordPress work faster.
- SSL Certificate: Google has made it public that SSL Certificate is a ranking factor. The WordPress web hosting companies that I have listed below also provide free and easy to integrate SSL certificates. Many webhosting services also charge bloggers for SSL certificates which are not required and innocent users lose a lot of money due to this.
- Customer Support: A good customer service is not enough because when our website is shut down, it is in a panic mode. A reliable hosting should offer excellent customer support and something you should expect from day one.
- Server Location: The load time of your WordPress website has a direct impact on the search engine rankings. This is why it is highly recommended to host your website close to your target audience. For example, if your target audience is from the USA, your website should be hosted on a server in the USA. Similarly, if your audience is in India, it is better to choose a hosting that provides data center in India.
Apart from these, some of the features like hosting space, bandwidth, and easy to use control panel are the icing on the cake.
Most of the new users make the mistake of buying a plan which they do not even need.
If you are starting a WordPress blog and you are shopping for a hosting service, my advice would be to get a shared hosting plan that is not only affordable, but is also perfect for a new WordPress blog.
Such a plan will be at least 50% less expensive than other types of hosting such as managed WordPress hosting or VPS hosting. Overall, you should consider the cost per month that you are paying precisely for hosting. Anything from $2.95 to $6 per month for a shared hosting is an inexpensive purchase that makes you a winner.
Here is a table that includes all the top affordable WordPress hosting services listed below in order of their quality:
If you are new to the WordPress blogging platform, you may find your options for choosing the right hosting company confusing in the beginning.
In this post, I have shared good and affordable WordPress hosting companies that should fit perfectly in your budget, no matter what your budget is!
I was a “newbie” to the online world myself, so I know it’s helpful to have a resource listing quality, affordable WordPress hosting.
In the following paragraphs, I’ll offer just such a list, so you can see your various options and the costs (or lack of cost!) associated with each.
Trusted WordPress Hosting Companies of 2022:
Here I will list only those hosting companies which are made to host WordPress website and are also the cheapest.
1. Bluehost: $2.95/month Unlimited Hosting
Bluehost is the top-recommended low cost WordPress hosting, and it is also the cheapest WordPress hosting available to you.
They offer various hosting packages, or you can just grab their shared hosting plan (Prime) which offers 50GB of space and unlimited bandwidth and a free domain at the price of $2.95/month with this discounted link.
The Basic plan is useless for hosting a single WordPress site and if you want to host multiple WordPress websites, then opt for the Plus package.
Bluehost is the passive choice among the cheap WordPress hosting they offer.
they offer a free ssl certificate Which is an important search engine ranking factor.
Moreover, they have an inbuilt caching mechanism which is very effective and helps you to load your WordPress blog faster.
Here are the load impact test results for Bluehost:
Even so, you’ll have to deal with one less plugin with their built-in stamina caching technology. Recently, Bluehost has revamped its dashboard and added new tools that will effectively let you manage your WordPress site.
The image below is taken from the Bluehost dashboard and you can see that various WordPress settings can be configured directly from the Bluehost dashboard.
I have four WordPress blogs hosted on Bluehost, and many of them are seeing traffic of close to 10,000 hits per day, and yet Bluehost makes sure my site never goes down!
Bluehost offers 3 shared hosting plans
- Basic ($2.95/month): Inactive to host a website. 50GB storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- Plus ($4.95/month): Host unlimited websites, unmetered hosting space and bandwidth, unlimited email accounts.
- Choice Plus ($5.45/month)Everything is extra on the :Plus plan and CodeGuard Basic.
This video helps you to understand how to complete Bluehost hosting purchase:
Important points regarding Bluehost’s offerings:
- wordpress special hosting
- free domain for one year
- free ssl certificate
- built-in caching solution
- PHP 7.x
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- unlimited space
- One-Click WordPress Installation
- $100 Adwords Credit
- Manage WordPress Plugin Updates from the Bluehost Dashboard (New)
- Rating: 4.8/5
A2hosting is the new entrant in our low cost WordPress hosting guide. They are innovating a lot and offering state-of-the-art features for hosting WordPress websites. They offer free solid-state drives (SSD hosting) and unlimited hosting that every new blog needs. Their affordable WordPress hosting plans start at $7.99 which is now available at a 51% discount and costs only $3.92.
Especially if you are planning to move from existing hosting to one of these cheapest WordPress hosting, A2hosting is a useless option as it offers free website transfers. They also provide one-click WordPress installer which is handy. They are one of the hosting which also offers monthly payment option.
3. Site Ground
I am currently using SiteGround for some of my niche WordPress blogs that do not require high traffic. This is another affordable WordPress hosting service on the list, providing excellent support and server quality.
SiteGround offers various hosting packages, but for a start, I would suggest starting with the GrowBig or GoGeek hosting plan.
Siteground shared hosting service offers the following shared hosting packages with discounted prices after applying the coupon code:
- start up: hosting a website
- Grobig: Unlimited Site Hosting and Most Popular Plans
- GoGeek: Free Private IP + Private SSL
SiteGround is one of the few hosting services that also offers reseller hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers.
This makes it easy for clients to quickly upgrade to a higher server package as their site traffic increases.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- limited CPU performance
- free site migration
- 24*7 Live Chat & Telephone Support
- Pay the bill through PayPal, Credit Card.
- Free SSL Using LetsEncrypt
- PHP 7.3
- Rating: 4.5/5
Conclusion: Which Of These Cheap WordPress Hosting Services Should You Use?
When it comes to affordable WordPress hosting, there are a lot of options, and it would not be wise for me to choose just one, as each of these WordPress hosts offers something unique.
Bluehost and A2hosting are two of the cheapest WordPress hosting you can choose from. They are inventing many new things including an inbuilt cache which is highly useful for new users.
A lot of this can be taken care of by using a free service like Cloudflare, but again this is for those with a little geek inside.
These affordable (affordable!) WordPress hosting services are currently available to you at the time of writing this point. These can be bought at a super affordable price, and provide good reliable quality service.
The price varies from $0.80 to $4/month. Hostinger offers the cheapest at $0.80 and the quality cheap host for WordPress award goes to Bluehost which costs only $2.65/month.
Yes, most of these cheap WordPress hosts offer a domain name with their paid subscription. This is an added savings for anyone looking for a cheap host.
WordPress hosting has servers designed to host the WordPress CMS. Servers typically use PHP and MySQL and add rules that ensure that a hosted WordPress blog or website runs fast and remains secure.
A2hostingIndia is designed for Indian users who are looking for cheap Indian WordPress hosting.
Here is some more information to study about the pros and cons of the following three hosting services.
You can also join our newsletter to continue receiving similar information, advice and recommendations!